Yes, you are able to add an additional driver to your rental agreement in New Zealand. You do not need to add an additional driver before you arrive to pick up the car, as this will all be done upon pick-up of the vehicle. Additional drivers generally will need to present their licence upon collection of the vehicle.
- Europcar: Additional drivers are charged at $3.60 (including GST) per day, per driver. This amount is capped at $50.40 (including GST).
- Thrifty: The additional driver surcharge is $11.50 (including GST) per driver.
- Hertz: There is no charge for additional drivers.
- Enterprise: Additional drivers will be charged a fee of $5.75 (including GST) per day, capped at 6 days.
- Avis: There is no charge for additional drivers.
- Budget: There is no additional charge.